Thursday, February 3, 2011

Multiculturalism: Egypt's Doin it Rite

pic link

The men standing in this picture from Egypt are Christian. You see, the protestors in Egypt are mostly Muslim. Islam does not give a pass on prayer because you are protesting, so they have to pause in their protests five times a day to kneel and pray. Their Christian neighbors are shielding the praying Muslims with their own bodies.

Back in January*, the Egyptian Muslims did the same for the Christians, attending Christmas masses so that if Muslim extremists wanted to bomb Christian churches, they would have to kill large numbers of Muslims, too.

Sometimes, my fellow human beings make me proud.



*Some Christians celebrate Christmas December 25th, some celebrate it 12 days later.

6 comments:

  1. This post made me feel warm inside. Thanks.

    As a Christian myself, I have been very vocal about Islamaphobia lately and my family and friends have been less than receptive, so seeing this makes me feel good and gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that's how I feel about it. It's nice to see Christians and Muslims getting along somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting this. Hopefully this kind of unity will keep going after the transition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it. Love it. Love it.

    Was not aware of this, thanks for posting.

    For a bunch of "ass-backward hadjis" (as so many here in the gloriously ignorant state of Texas refer to them), they seem to have a lot to show us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would each similarly protect atheists? Somehow I doubt it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This gives me a spark of hope for the human race.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.