Wednesday, May 20, 2009

What Are You Thinking?

penis, bible, god, christan, pleasure, fantasy, prayer
Apparently, if you are thinking of something other than God, you need to stop it! Right now!

Thoughts, fantasies & illusions

by Susan Bertalotto

How many of us are experiencing a daily onslaught of sexual and sensual images in our minds? I know I am not the only one! Have you ever met someone, and then thought about that person for the rest of the day? Or do you have regular fantasies of ex-boyfriends/girlfriends, ex-husbands/wives, thinking about ways the relationship could have succeeded? Do you wish at times for a person of the opposite sex in your life, just so you could feel his/her touch, feel the pleasure of undivided attention? Then would everything be complete in your life? Is it okay to experience these thoughts, fantasies, and illusions occasionally?Ask yourself these questions: I honestly thought this was going to go the standard "thinking about sex is the same as doing it" route, but it doesn't. She goes someplace else entirely (I congratulate Ms. Bertalotto on reaching a whole new level of crazy that's way past "sex is bad".)

AM I ROBBING GOD OF MY TIME? Yes!! What a time-waster! I could be praying or reading my Bible! If I add up the amount of time I dwell on these thought, and substitute them with prayer, could I perhaps be in prayer and devotional time with the Lord for an extra fifteen minutes a day? A half-hour a day? An hour a day? And if I stop fantasizing, will I substitute prayer in its place, or will I find another way to waste my time? Jeremiah 29:13 And you shall seek Me, and find Me, when you shall search for Me with all your heart.

Are you thinking about something other than god? Are you reading something other than the bible? (well, clearly) Stop it! Right now! Any time you think of anything other than god, or read something other than the bible, or engage in any activity other than prayer, you are stealing from god! It's not your time- it's his time! (in case you have not been in an abusive relationship, this is exactly the logic abusers use. if you aren't totally focused on me and my needs every second of the day, you don't love me. and i should punish you for it.)

can you imagine if someone actually followed this advice? can you imagine trying to concentrate on god every waking moment? i just can't imagine it. i doubt it's even possible. i have spent 12-16 hours at a time playing a video game, but i couldn't do that every day.

AM I PROJECTING WHAT GOD HAS FOR MY FUTURE? How can I know my future? Am I pretending to be God? Who gave me the right to tell God how the scenario should go? …who I should meet? …how I should meet someone? …what I should say? …what I should be wearing? …what s/he should be wearing?I Corinthians 2:16 For who has known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct Him? But we have the mind of Christ.

That's completely uncommunicative. I can't even imagine what she's trying to say. As far as I can tell, before I get dressed every morning, I should sit around and wait for god to tell me what to wear. At which point, I will be forced to reinterpret every thought I have as god's (and that way lies madness), or stand in front of my closet naked until I drop dead of thirst. Fantastic advice!

DO I COMPLETELY TRUST GOD? Perhaps I don’t trust God enough to bring me a mate. Why? Isn’t God’s timing perfect enough? Trusting in the Lord gives me hope for my future. If I project my future through thoughts, fantasies, and illusions, how can I say I trust the Lord?Psalm 37:4-5 Delight yourself also in the LORD; and He shall give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way unto the LORD; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass.

Is this some sort of trick question? We are talking about the same guy who lets children be raped and thousands die in tsunamis and wildfires and hurricanes, right?

DO I BELIEVE THAT THE THOUGHTS, FANTASIES, AND ILLUSIONS ARE OF GOD? When an image presents itself in my mind, is it something I want to linger in my mind? If I allow these thoughts in my mind, will I become complacent and think it is no big deal? Are they just benign thoughts that will go away? No!! Remember at all times that these thoughts, fantasies, and illusions are not of God. Get on your knees and Pray! Humble yourself before God, knowing that HE is your ONLY Source of strength.

STOP THINKING THINGS! Stop it! Right now! I know you're thinking about something- stop!

Ephesians 6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

2 Corinthians 3:17 Now the Lord is that Spirit: and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.


We are not battling with people I thought we were battling our own thoughts- wait, what's going on? ; we are battling with “spiritual wickedness”. How many times have you heard or read the scripture in Ephesians 6:12? How does that apply in your life? Are you giving way to these fantasies at a time when you need comfort and pleasure? what if the fantasies are my comfort and pleasure? oh, god is supposed to be my comfort and pleasure. no, sorry. i'm not trading in the penis for a bible.

9 comments:

  1. Neat! This person has reached a whole new level of crazy. I wonder, honestly, if this person is locked up. If they aren't, they really need to be, because this seems to be straying into "danger to themselves" territory. When you start to think that your own thoughts aren't yours? Yeah, something is wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PF, have you ever watched Moral Orel when it was on Adult Swim? There was one episode called omnipresence, where Morel learns that God is everywhere including inside Morel himself. He then interprets everything he does as an act of God. Including arguing with his teacher over known facts, saying that he couldn't be wrong because God was inside him and God was never wrong. He also makes the statement along the lines of if God and the facts don't mix then the facts are wrong.

    Of course the moral of the episode was genius too. After Orel unplugs machines keeping an elderly woman alive but in great pain.

    Clay(Orel's dad): I'm surprised at you, Orel. You know that only God and the government can decide who lives and who dies.
    Orel: But God is in me, Dad.
    Clay: Well, sure, there's a bit of God in all of us just not enough to really do any good.
    Orel: Really?
    Clay: Besides, God obviously wanted that woman to stay alive or he would have finished her off himself without your help.
    Orel: But why would he want her to suffer, Dad?
    Clay: Oh, suffering is a big part of God's plan so it could have been for a number of different reasons. Maybe she was a loose woman or maybe she didn't love Jesus the same way we do. Or maybe she loved another woman the wrong way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if God and the facts don't mix then the facts are wrongisn't that the motto of creationists?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "When an image presents itself in my mind, is it something I want to linger in my mind? "

    Well, just speaking for myself, I can appreciate her dilema, as sometimes reality can interfere with fantasy.

    For example, I just found out yesterday that Cynthia Nixon is a lesbian.

    Now I have to retool a whole bunch of my fantasies, and that ain't easy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Right now I'm fantasizing about playing Team Fortress 2. I'm the worst human being ever. I'm also fantasizing about stopping at Fry's or Best Buy to get a microphone so I can actually talk during matches, since my laptop's mic apparently doesn't like picking up my voice. Quick, somebody stop me!

    Anyway, back in my fundie days I occasionally tried to do the whole, "Only think of god," thing. Most of the people I knew tried to do the, "Only think of god," thing. I'd say that she's not actually a danger to herself (well, unless she hits suicidally depressed territory). One of the fun things about that particular attitude is that it's a great way to get really, really mad at yourself and remind yourself of how horrible you are.

    All-or-nothing Christianity is a blight upon the Earth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. PF: I think I've actually heard creationists say that. Freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. isn't it just, Geds?

    John: i think all you need to do is add another woman to your fantasies . . .

    ReplyDelete
  8. it sounds to me as if this woman is trying to talk herself into becoming a nun - the kind of nun who is walled into a cell for the rest of her life and does nothing but pray, pray, pray, pray, pray...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where do you find all of these fruitcakes. Your blog causes my brain to bleed.:)

    I will keep reading but these people are abominations against reason.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.