Monday, November 23, 2009

Pronoun Confusion


this is not salvation
god, jesus, prayer,

In the spirit of angels dancing on the head of a pin, we have pronoun confusion:


I was praying for a friend's salvation early this morning and I wanted to ask that my friend came to know Him (Jesus). But since Jesus is God, would I refer to Jesus as "Him" or "You"? Does it matter? Is this a silly question?


So, god knows everything, but if you use the wrong pronoun, he gets confused? Say "him" instead of "you", and your friend meets Tom Jones instead of Jesus? Oops, sorry, no salvation for you, your friend should have been more specific.

4 comments:

  1. It's not unusual to be saved by anyone...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That totally makes looking at his hairy chest worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omniscience + Free Will = *headsplosion*

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's not particularly clever to make fun of ignorant people. You're too intelligent to do that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.