Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Naughty or Nice?

I love the word naughty. I aspire to be naughty. Mostly I achieve nice with occasional moments of bitchiness. *sigh*

So, check out the Friend or For Christmas Campaign Naughty and Nice List. It's high-larious!

See, here's the thing: There is no war on Christmas. Let me repeat that: there is no war on Christmas.

This is all part of the Christian Persecution Complex, as discussed in my previous post. To recap: Christians in the US are not persecuted. They are free to practice their religion however they please. Everyone else is free to do the same. Therein lies the rub. CPC fetishists don't want everyone else to be free to worship, or not, as they please, they want to turn the US into a theocracy and force everyone to worship as they do. Do I need to explain why this is a not good idea?

This war on Christmas idea seems to stem from the belief that if everyone isn't saying "Merry Christmas" and putting up Christmas decorations and celebrating Christmas, then . . . Jesus ceases to exist?

Look at the Naughty and Nice List. There is no mention of Christmas as a religious holiday, no mention of Jesus, just a list of stores that say "Happy Holidays" instead of "Merry Christmas". What does Jesus care about that? What does that have to do with religion at all?

Let's try an example. Jews celebrate Passover. Passover is a huge deal for them. Passover is not a national holiday, there are no Passover decorations, no Passover tv specials, no Passover cards. Yet, somehow, the Jews still manage to celebrate Passover. Those brave, valiant souls. Puhlease.

You don't need me to validate your religion. You want to worship, go for it. I will defend your right to do so. Just do me a favor and leave me out of it.

Rapturous Ramadan, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.