Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Do So Love a Recession

This is not a role model, people.

This is what one partner said to the other, no less than 3' away from me:

Partner 1: Do you know they [the secretaries, etc.] get 4 sick days and 1 personal day?

Partner 2: Really?

Partner 1: It's a recession, they're lucky to have a job at all! I say we cut it down to 2 sick days and no personal days for next year.

Partner 2: It's not like they're going anywhere.

I swear to you, that is what was said less than 5 minutes ago. Capitalism, it's fucking awesome.

7 comments:

  1. Now now... someday you'll work super hard and become the daughter of a rich billionaire and then you'll never have to work a day of your life. Trust in the system...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did they end the conversation with "Let them eat cake!"?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cake is for winners! (Clearly I am not a winner.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get 5 sick days every 6 months, but it doesn't accumulate. and 4 weeks leave which does. I had recently hit 9 weeks accumulated leave so I cashed out 3 weeks of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When oppressed by The (capitalist) Man (pig), a little good food goes a long way. Sorry for the OT, but I know you dig vegetarian, and thought this might be up your alley:

    http://www.wearesmrt.com/bb/viewtopic.php?p=68908#p68908

    Carry on...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.