Thursday, June 11, 2009

Not White Enough

racism, pritchett, lou, obama, wingnut, conservative,
Have you seen the "Dear President Obama" letter being circulated by all the wingnuts yet? It's priceless.

According to snopes:

Origins: Lou Pritchett is a former vice president of Procter & Gamble whose career at that company spanned 36 years before his retirement in 1989, and he is the author of the 1995 business book, Stop Paddling & Start Rocking the Boat. Mr. Pritchett confirmed to us that he was indeed the author of the much-circulated "open letter" quoted [below].

Dear President Obama:

You are the thirteenth President under whom I have lived and unlike any of the others, you truly scare me. let's play a game. let's see how many times Mr. Pritchett accuses President Obama of not being white.

You scare me because after months of exposure, I know nothing about you. really? because i know everything i never wanted to know about his aunt, his kenyan grandmother, his mother, how she died, his father, his half siblings in kenya, his mother's parents, etc. I know this guy better than i know most of my friends.

You scare me because I do not know how you paid for your expensive Ivy League education and your upscale lifestyle and housing with no visible signs of support. Unlike other presidents and politicians who have family money or their wives' money, you actually got scholarships and worked for your own money. That's terrifying. also, HE's NOT WHITE!

You scare me because you did not spend the formative years of youth growing up in America and culturally you are not an American. HE's NOT WHITE! He did spend his formative years (a) with his American mother, and (b) in Hawaii, which last time I checked is a part of the US.

You scare me because you have never run a company or met a payroll. Which is clearly the most important qualification for President of the United States, a position entirely unlike running a small business.

You scare me because you have never had military experience, thus don't understand it at its core. And that's relevant how? Neither did Bush, unless you count not attending required National Guard service.

You scare me because you lack humility and 'class', always blaming others. How dare he point out that the economic apocalypse occurred on President Bush's watch? That's so vulgar! and, HE's NOT WHITE!

You scare me because for over half your life you have aligned yourself with radical extremists who hate America and you refuse to publicly denounce these radicals who wish to see America fail. Oh, we're not past HE'sMUSLImTERRORISTISLAMOFACISTBLAAAAAAAAAAAAACK yet?

You scare me because you are a cheerleader for the 'blame America' crowd and deliver this message abroad. No, see that's the humility you just accused him of not having.

You scare me because you want to change America to a European style country where the government sector dominates instead of the private sector. Oh, yes, those scary European countries and their scary health care for everyone . . . wait, why is that bad?

You scare me because you want to replace our health care system with a government controlled one. You mean like the VA, which is the best system in the US right now?

You scare me because you prefer 'wind mills' to responsibly capitalizing on our own vast oil, coal and shale reserves. you know, because breathing poison is good for us, right? and the rapture's going to happen soon anyway, so who cares about pollution?

You scare me because you want to kill the American capitalist goose that lays the golden egg which provides the highest standard of living in the world. reality fail. the US does not have the highest standard of living in the world, Norway does. The US is 6th, after Norway, Sweden, Canada, Belgium and Australia.

You scare me because you have begun to use 'extortion' tactics against certain banks and corporations. making those stupid bastards stop fucking us all is just wrong. wrong. and you know who else like extortion? black people.

You scare me because your own political party shrinks from challenging you on your wild and irresponsible spending proposals. "wild" you know, like black people.

You scare me because you will not openly listen to or even consider opposing points of view from intelligent people. Palin, Limbaugh and Joe the Plumber are not intelligent people.

You scare me because you falsely believe that you are both omnipotent and omniscient. wtf?!

You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do. did we stop calling foxnews media? i agree, but when did that happen?

You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view. amazingly, they're still on the air.

You scare me because you prefer controlling over governing. meh. i can't really tell what this is a dog whistle for. probably IslamoNaziFacistSocialCommunism.

Finally, you scare me because if you serve a second term I will probably not feel safe in writing a similar letter in 8 years. no explanation of why he wouldn't feel safe writing the letter, just wouldn't feel safe. maybe because Obama's not white?

Lou Pritchett

9 comments:

  1. Wait wait wait are these two sentences in a row?

    "You scare me because the media gives you a free pass on everything you do.

    You scare me because you demonize and want to silence the Limbaughs, Hannitys, O'Relllys and Becks who offer opposing, conservative points of view."

    Awesome!

    You get a free pass form the media and you want to silence the media because it speaks bad of you.

    Hello, my name is cognitive dissonance. How are you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing that scares me about Obama is how much he was willing to pander to the religious element in order to get elected.

    Pritchett scares me because his letter shows how dim you can be and still rise to power in corporate America.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i just copied and pasted, beamstalk. i thought it was amazing, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see, yet another rich white man afraid of what happens when his buddies aren't in power. This type of letter is only marginally better than the poor white folks defending the policies that will screw them over.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Obama's half-white, that's got to count for something, right?

    I mean he's not 100% a real American, but he's halfway there and, if he follows Jacko's footsteps, he could go all the way.

    I hope he does, it's about time us whites had some power for once...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lou seems to have the maturity and intelligence of a 17-year-old. Well, I'm sure the President is happy that he is able to write a letter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, in a nutshell: "You scare me because I believe that right wing talking points that are designed to scare me are accurate portrayals of reality". That's pretty hardcore. And convenient for us, since he laid out every single , oft repeated Republican misconception about Obama that has been uttered since this time last year in that e-mail.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, when it comes to standard of living the US doesn't even make the top 10. Between 2003 and 2008 it fell to 12th place according to this: http://dreamzfulfilled.com/2008/06/16/countries-with-highest-standard-of-living/

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.