Friday, April 10, 2009

I've Seen Some Forced Analogies . . .


puppy, analogy, fail, makarios, religion, atheism, atheist, stupid, asshat,

But comparing atheists to dogs? Way to raise the level of discourse, asshat.


First point: I'm not entirely convinced my dog is an atheist. He may very well worship me. He certainly seems to. It would even be reasonable: I am source of such good things as food, walks and belly scritches. Even if he is an atheist, we're talking about an animal incapable of understanding more than 200 words (australian sheep dogs have the highest vocabulary at 200 words), the written word, philosophy, mathematics, well, you get the drift.


There is a reason a comparison to a dog is considered insulting, and this is even more insulting because Makarios clearly doesn't know much about dogs.


I saw an atheist running down the street this morning. This is how it happened. I was sitting in my chair around 8:30am. Kids were coming down the street on their way to school. One girl, about 12-years-old got to the end of her driveway when something caught her attention. She turned back towards the house as fast as she could. Obviously she didn’t quite make it to the door in time because out of the house, off the driveway and down the street raced her little atheist. She tried to catch him but the little atheist came burning around the corner with a big grin on his face, his tongue hanging out, his ears high and alert and he was barking as loudly as he could, “I’m free! I’m free! I’m free!”


Typical of all atheists, this little bugger never gave a thought to:

Who is it that really takes care of me?

Who keeps me warm?

Who keeps me safe?

Who gives me food?

He actually believed - I can do this all on my own!!!


Here's the thing- my dog's no genius, but he probably could survive without me. His fur keeps him warm, his teeth and size provide both food and safety, and I've seen that he has the instincts he needs to feed and defend himself.


I call this insulting analogy fail.

7 comments:

  1. The dog would probably go feral and do what dogs do. I mean, lets face it, most domesticated animals can survive on their own in the wild. So I'm not sure where on earth this man was going with this retarded comparison.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After seeing what my dog did to a skunk (and smelling it for days afterwards), I know my dog would be fine. I can't even imagine what he was trying to get at.

    Oh, yes, Makarios is stupid and so very angry. You'd think atheists set his house on fire, ate his children and then anally raped his grandmother while pouring sugar into the gas tank of his 1969 cherry red mustang. It's a little over the top.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'd think atheists set his house on fire, ate his children and then anally raped his grandmother while pouring sugar into the gas tank of his 1969 cherry red mustang. It's a little over the top.

    That's how he tells it. But it was all a big accident. The atheists were simply going back for a little fun with grammy-grams after a night of drunken flirtation and, well, things got a little out of hand.

    You know how those atheists are. First it's teh butt secks, then they start wanting to add to the moment...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I see Makarios posting on other blogs occasionally. I didn't realize he/she said stuff like this. Yikes. Does his god deliver his food everyday and fill his/her bowl or something? Last I checked we all worked for our money and provided for ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL
    Ok, My dog couldn't survive on his own, but do you know why? I'll tell ya. He has hair...

    ReplyDelete
  6. do you read Terry Pratchett?

    the Patrician of Ankh-Morpork has a dog, and when it is questioned by a do who speaks human, the dog refers to the Patrician as "God" and "my God"

    maybe this particular asshat has read waaaaaaay too much Pratchett?

    ReplyDelete
  7. If your house isn't on fire, you're not having sex with an atheist.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.