Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Open Mindedness and Tolerance


open minded, tolerance, intolerance, liberal
I'm sure you, just like me, get the following a lot:

You're being very intolerant of my atheophobia/homophobia/wingnuttery/extraordinary, proofless claims!

I thought I'd write a post about the difference between being open minded and being an idiot, but then I found the above video and I thought, hey, why bother, when QualiaSoup has done such a good job- in colour! (oh, and you don't really need sound to understand this, which is pretty sweet if you're at work.)

3 comments:

  1. I've watched that vid, it's very well done.

    I just love it when street preachers talk about being intolerant of their intolerance and judging their judgments and all that.

    Luckily my only experiences with street preachers are on Youtube. They're the ones that got me interested in the bible again, didn't work out in their favor though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a strange experience when someone so easily expresses a concept you've been struggling to get across to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get that with my commenters a lot. Keeps me humble.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.