Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Veto Override For The Win!!!

gay, marriage, same sex, traditional, homophobia, homosexual, vermont,
Do a little dance, make a little love and get down tonight, because same sex marriage is now legal in Vermont!!

From the Wall Street Journal:

Vermont became the fourth state to legalize same-sex marriage, following
Massachusetts, Connecticut and Iowa. The state legislature voted Tuesday to
override Gov. Jim Douglas's veto of a bill allowing gays and lesbians to marry.

The vote came nine years after Vermont was the first in the U.S. to adopt a
civil-union law.

Last week, Iowa's Supreme Court said the state's same-sex marriage ban violated
the constitutional rights of gay and lesbian couples.
Yeah!

Now let the whingeing about how "the people didn't vote on it" begin in 3 ... 2 ... 1 ...

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE that they overrode the governor's veto on this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's two now this week. Pretty damn excellent I say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wooo! Go Vermont. Next up, Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. California's going to be a downer, so I'm celebrating while I can.

    twwr: Wait- are you improving my view of Australians as we speak?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm cheering because Denelian's back! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are for you guys, not for me. Say what you will. Don't feel compelled to stay on topic, I enjoy it when comments enter Tangentville or veer off into Non Sequitur Town. Just keep it polite, okay?

I am attempting to use blogger's new comment spam feature. If you don't immediately see your comment, it is being held in spam, I will get it out next time I check the filter. Unless you are Dennis Markuze, in which case you're never seeing your comment.

Creative Commons License
Forever in Hell by Personal Failure is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.
Based on a work at foreverinhell.blogspot.com.